Demystifying International Company Formation and Registered Agent Service FAQ’s

Posted by American Ltd on Jun 10, 2024 2:28:01 PM

Q: Do I have to be an American citizen form a US company?

A: No, there is requirement that you be a US citizen to form a company – foreign nationals can form LLCs and C Corporations in all US jurisdictions.

Q: Do I need anything different if I am living abroad for my US company?

A: Maybe. Many individuals living abroad must to retrieve Apostilles to open bank accounts and obtain foreign certification of documents overseas

Q: What about registered agent service?

A: Anyone living abroad and forming a US company will need to appoint a registered agent in the US for receipt of state notices and service of process. No state allows for a foreign registered agent address.

Q: Can a foreign national obtain an EIN for a US company?

A: Yes. However, unless the company has a US mailing address and a responsible party with a Social Security number, the application must be faxed or mailed. As a result, the process often takes longer.

American Incorporators has a dedicated International Team to help international clients with their US corporations. We have extensive experience working with folks around the world and have designed our services and packages to meet their specific needs.

At American Incorporators, we specialize in providing comprehensive International Registered Agent Services tailored to your unique needs. With our expertise, you can confidently navigate international markets and unlock new growth opportunities. 

Ready to take your business global? Click below to learn more or contact us today about our international services. 

Learn More           Contact Us

#InternationalBusiness #RegisteredAgent #GlobalExpansion #AmericanIncorporators

Topics: Registered Agent, International Registered Agent Services, FAQ's